Now that 2008 is finally drawing to a close, it’s time to ring in the New Year with a bang—and a smokin’ hot outfit, of course. Make a lasting first impression with madcap party gear guaranteed to make you the belle of the ball. You can turn an ordinary outfit into one that sparkles with just one of these accents. Just don’t wear all of them at once, unless you eventually plan on putting on a straightjacket.
Say buh-bye to hipster headbands à la Mischa Barton and hello to whimsical in-your-face accoutrements like a headband (1) from Glampire Design
A little black dress will do for most parties, but we say go balls to the wall for the countdown! Watch Anderson Cooper in this in this Nicholas Morley TV Dress
(2) ($169) available from Pixie Market. (You in the dress, not him.)
Dancing in heels can lead to disastrous results—why not sweat up a storm in these Astrid Zip Glitter Ankle Boots
(3) (on sale for $80)? Glamorous and practical!
Strut Your Stuff
If you’re looking to keep things casual but still want to raise some eyebrows, slip on Express’ Sequin Leggings
(4) (on sale for $59.99) and shine on, you crazy diamond.
These chain tassel earrings
(5) ($4.80) from Forever 21 are just enough bling without going bonkers. We’ll take ‘em.
We’re only suggesting Nasty Gal Vintage’s Mongolian Collar Leopard Coat
(6) ($345) because it’s 1980s vintage, which means the rabbits died a long time ago, right? Besides, it’s pretty damn fab.
Top It Off
Fascinate them with some veiled looks by topping off your outfit with a Lo Boheme “Lola” Fascinator
(7) ($140). Bonus: it’s custom-made so no one else at the party will be copping your look.